[tech] pidentd

Simon Fryer fryers at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Wed Nov 10 14:50:17 WST 1999

Bingle

As the study avoidance and frustration continue. I managed to  compile
pidentd on erwin without amy major problems. Making it work however is another
issue. It seems to be reading /usr/local/etc/identd.conf ok and starting but
using the test program it failed to return an acceptatble response.

On erwin the binarys are in /usr/local/sbin and the startup script is
/etc/init.d/identd.init. Config file is as above. Source is in
/usr/local/src/pidentd?????

Would someone who has got pidentd working please email me a known
working config file or have a look at my attempts at setting it up.

Thanks.

See Ya
Simon

"Well, an engineer is not concerned with the truth; that is left to
philosophers and theologians: the prime concern of an engineer is
the utility of the final product."
Lectures on the Electrical Properties of Materials, L.Solymar, D.Walsh