[tech] Possibly a stupid question...

Grahame Bowland gbowland at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Wed Nov 10 22:08:52 WST 1999

I have convinced my Mum to give me a lift in with my computer
tommorow so I can get a copy of the Debian mirror. I know that
potato has simlinks to slink, but by default cp dereferences
the simlinks when copying. It seems to me that the following command:
  cp -r -v /debian/dists/potato/main/binary-i386/ /...wherever...
ought to give me a working copy of the main potato binary packages.

Did I get this right, or do I need more complicated commands
to get a working mirror? (I don't want to have to copy all of slink
as well as potato.)

--
Grahame Bowland

Email: gbowland at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au