[tech] new moray

Nick Bannon nick at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Thu Nov 18 16:30:21 WST 1999

On Thu, Nov 18, 1999 at 03:41:25PM +0800, Ian McKellar wrote:
> Okay,
>
> It looks like the general(ish) consensus is that flamebox should become the
> new moray. I suggest on it we run:

Excellent idea. I'll help where possible.

>   o Dispense

Including door and coke serial ports.

> 	o Flame
	o bind
	o FMS client
	o SOCKS (4 and 5?)
	o TACACS auth server
	o Charged telnet tunnel
	o telnat (telnetd running on port 222)
	o Hacked login so non-wheel group members can't log in
	o doorlogger (in /usr/local/sbin, started from /etc/rc.boot)
	o vimotd
	o Cron jobs to mail vital UCC data out
	o Apache?
	o Anything I've missed?

> 	o Postfix (instead of sendmail)
> 	o Berolist/Minimalist/Somerandomlist (instead of mailman)
>
> I'm going down to set up the mail stuff on flamebox now so that we can test
> it for a bit.

Careful with those ones. If you want them, make the changeover smooooooth.
I'd call the postfix change unnecessary but hopefully harmless. I'd expect
mailman would be happier on mooneye, but if you want to try something
else go ahead. Converting the old mail archives ought to be possible, too.

Nick.

--
  Nick Bannon  | "I made this letter longer than usual because
nick at it.net.au | I lack the time to make it shorter." - Pascal