[tech] new moray

David Luyer luyer at zip.com.au
Thu Nov 18 18:17:49 WST 1999

On Thu, Nov 18, 1999 at 05:38:47PM +0800, Duncan Sargeant wrote:
> I distinctly recall many mail performance issues over the years.
> Don't you remember numerous mailing list problems caused by sendmail,
> the rounds of mailbox corruption,

That's the fault of the delivery agent, not of sendmail.  And most likely the
fault of NFS.

> the stupid queueing algorithm
> requiring someone to run sendmail -q evey 10 minutes for any mail to get
> through?

Caused by things like 'hold expensive' and/or using a host status directory
with the timeout set too long.  Basically all configuration problems which
your friendly sendmail expert can fix.

Sendmail is the best mail transport agent.  I read it on our tech pages. :P

David.
(that better mikolaj?)
--
David Luyer                        . .              www.zipworld.net
Network Engineer                 .  zipworld            Zip World is