[tech] who added these rules?

David Manchester mustang at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Sun Nov 28 00:35:03 WST 1999

At 1:28 PM 27/11/99, Ben Rampling wrote:
>> On Sat, Nov 27, 1999 at 10:34:55AM +0800, Mark Tearle wrote:
>> > Hi
>> >
>> > Who was the moron who added these rules on mako?
>> >
>> > 00050 deny ip from 130.95.128.65 to 130.95.13.11
>> > 00050 deny ip from 130.95.13.11 to 130.95.128.65
>> >
>> > robots.txt is the write way to do it
>>
>> I assume some idiot who is too slack to:
>> 1) Discuss it with wheel and
>> 2) Actually be aware of the robot exclusion standards.
>
>Me, oddly enough, and we all know how stupid I am. A robots file would've
>almost certainly have been useless, even if a user agent specific to that
>spider, and no other spider, could've been divined.

Well, no Ben - I wouldn't say we all know exactly how stupid you are, but
we seem to be getting a good picture of how obstinate you are, and how you
don't like telling people what you're up to.

Thanks for the replies to the two separate e-mails asking where the Pentium
machine had gone to. Not.

Try and communicate a little more - I'm certain that "It was probably
fucking Ben" is uttered more often than "Look at the cool stuff Ben did".
Do you have any intentions towards helping iron out the wrinkles in FMS, or
should we just put Packrat in wheel and have him do it properly..?

Hoping that you're more altruistic than thin-skinned,
/dave

/  David Manchester, Workstation Necromancer  <mustang at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au>   \
Tell someone who's interested, tell someone who can keep their lunch digested
Tell someone who wants your conversation, tell someone who doesn't regard you
\as an argument for compulsory sterilisation." [TISM], `How Do I Love Thee?'/