[tech] (fwd) FS: (BRISBANE) PentiumPro 200 CPU & Motherboard

Grahame Bowland gbowland at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Mon Nov 29 16:34:20 WST 1999

> On Nov 29, David Manchester scrawled :

> > On Mon, Nov 29, 1999 at 09:33:25AM +0800, mustang at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au_no.spam.please_ wrote:
> > [...]
> > > PPro200 256k cache, heatsink & fan + AT motherboard $110
> > [...]
> > > Mermaid upgrade ? Its pretty cheap..
> >
> > Nah, don't really think it's worth the hassle (obtaining this, then
> > swapping motherboards) for a mere 1.x speedup. Dual or quad PPro's you
> > might have me - you might get up to a single Athlon performance. ::-)
> >
> > Nick.
>
> Mmmmkay. How's the moray replacement going ..?

The box appears to be stable. I've mounted the harddrive semi-safely
in the case, and there doesn't seem to be any reason for it not to
replace moray. Its been up 6 days now, since I took it down to bracket
the hard drives.

I'm willing to help set it up but I don't know the details of the UCC
network setup well enough. Perhaps we schedule a cleanup and take down
moray and set up all to this is one fell swoop?

--
Grahame Bowland

Email: gbowland at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
  Web: http://users.wantree.com.au/~bowest/gmb.html