[tech] Mussel

Grahame Bowland gbowland at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Sun Oct 3 22:43:19 WST 1999

> On Oct 03, David Manchester scrawled :

> > Just rebooted for no apparent reason. I was in the machine room at the time, attempting to tidy up a bit and put another machine in the rack above mussel. Then it did a spontaneous reset with no apparent cause.
> >
> > The power cable seemed loose when I checked it after the reset, so I may have knocked it.
>
> THat's OK - its happened before - you're just scrupulously honest, Grahame :)
> What else were you installing there..?

Richard and I have been setting up a FreeBSD box - it initially started as my project to make a working box from components lying around the room. Can anyone think of a useful service we can run on a 486/100 with 8Mb of RAM?

Its running FreeBSD 3.3 so it shouldn't have many of the hideous security holes that 3.2 had :)

--
Grahame Bowland

| Email: gbowland at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au       gbowland at iee.org.uk         |
|        gbowland at tartarus.uwa.edu.au     gbowland at hotmail.com        |