[tech] Proxies

Ian McKellar yakk at yakk.net.au
Sun Oct 10 20:32:34 WST 1999

Frantic study time hits again.

I've rehacked my evilproxy code.

Soon we'll be able to offer proxy access to our member (via username+password).

In the process I noticed that we're still charing 38.8c per meg for traffic.
We're being charged 20c for international, and 2.2c for Australian. I propose
that we lower the price to a flat 25c per meg. In the proxy server I'll
charge for only 1/3 of the bytes going to .au hosts. This will encourage users
to use the proxy server rather than the socks server.

Also with the proxy server, going through UCS's proxy server we'll only be
charged for cache misses.

Ian

--
Ian  McKellar | Email: yakk(a)yakk.net   | Web: http://www.yakk.net/
Prefix: +61 8 | Fax/VoiceMail: 9265 0821 | Home: 9389 9162 | Work: 9380 3688