[tech] Warning/Disturbing

Simon Fryer fryers at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Fri Oct 29 00:37:27 WST 1999

Bingle

> A while ago David Manchester tapped:

> > The drives on mola have been moved from a disk box I obtained ages ago
> > to the case that came with the next. The original box had a quirk that
>
> Which had my two 700MB drives in it for the squid cache.
> Where are these..?

I don't know. I didn't have the urge to investigate the machine room
dispite the upcomming exams.

> > PSU down (presumibly the short isn't quite good enough). As a resuly
> > the power cabling melts. The SCSI box is quite nice apart from that and
>
> OK.... but since no-one goes poking around inside mola's guts, was this
> really necessary..?
>
> > I would not like to see it get junkied because someone with no hardware
> > clue could not make it work(that is how I got the box in the first place).
> >
> > If UCC does not want it I will gladly find a home for it. I just don't
> > know where the box has gone to.
>
> So, recapping, you removed them from the box, blinked and it was gone..?

No, At some point, I blinked and I thought some drives got swapped between
boxes which I was kinda confused about. If my memory serves me correct the
box orriginally housed the 6GB Scsi and the 4.5GB Scsi for /home and
/services respectivly. I assumed that these drived had been shouffled
between cases for some reason but I may and hopefuly am wrong.

See Ya
Simon

"Well, an engineer is not concerned with the truth; that is left to
philosophers and theologians: the prime concern of an engineer is
the utility of the final product."
Lectures on the Electrical Properties of Materials, L.Solymar, D.Walsh