[tech] I wanna lend the UCC some stuff...

David Manchester mustang at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Sun Oct 31 01:57:20 WST 1999

OK, in a fit of irrational altruism (and a realisation of the need for
storage space), I've decided to lend the UCC a machine for an extended
period.

Please let me know what would be more useful to UCC:

An R4400 Indigo2 with 256MB of RAM, or a Celeron 333A with 96MB.

They occupy approximately the same space, and I can give the Celery SCSI
as/if required.

I figure actually using an IRIX box as a user or sercices machine might
be a cool idea, to give wheel a bit more of a taste of IRIX, before
(a) they go out into the wide world and are forced to use it, or
(b) it gets killed and SGI goes all-Linux.

I'll probably keep the monitor/kbd/mouse here and put them on the PC if
you guys decide the I2's more useful.

Either of them could have 100Mb ethernet.

Lemme know what people think.

Cheers
/dave
--
/  David Manchester <mustang at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au>  [TDH]  Netware/UNIX droid. \
Tell someone who's interested, tell someone who can keep their lunch digested