[tech] hdd4mako

Ben Rampling ben at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Wed Sep 1 07:55:04 WST 1999

> The suggestion was to stick a couple of the small SCSI drives from the
> IBM gear into it with a SCSI card from Simon. (or I have some bootable
> 8 bit TMC-850's in a pinch) They should be in the clubroom.

Oh, I thought we actually had another solution rather than another "fuck off
and let us spend money on beer". So we're going to switch to a set of drives
that we're not even sure work, let alone sure if they're reliable? Aren't you
tired of the way Committee is working, too, Nick? :)

> I'm still in favour of picking up one or two new EIDE drives, but it
> doesn't seem vitally urgent.

It is urgent, because come Friday evening, Mako won't have a drive.

Regards,
Ben Rampling