[tech] Duplicated tech list postings

Alastair Irvine alastair at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Thu Sep 2 19:12:30 WST 1999

Has anyone noticed than some posts to the tech list (without apparent rhyme
or reason) get distributed twice?  The only thing different about the pairs
of messages are their topmost Received header fields, e.g.:

        by ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au (8.9.3/8.9.3/Debian/GNU) with ESMTP id RAA06268;
        Thu, 2 Sep 1999 17:12:15 +0800

These were from Simon Fryer's followup message(s) to the "[tech] Switches
and hubs...." thread, regarding Manta dodginess.  Same with two of
mustang's posts.

This has got me thinking...  Could this whole problem be caused by
/home/other/mailman/scripts/post ?

PS -- The tech archives can be accessed at
      /home/other/mailman/archives/private/tech .  The abovementioned
      messages are not duplicated here.

When I clicked on the archive link within the tech list web page, I got
sent to an error page saying that
<http://www.ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au/mailman/listinfo/tech> shouldn't have sent me
to <http://www.ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au/pipermail/tech/> and that webmaster had
been notified.  Did anybody on the webmaster alias actually receive this
alleged e-mail?

--
... "Any place with an all-night, drive-through taxidermist has got to be
     weird" -- Billy Connolly, about LA