[tech] morwong - pt1

Simon Fryer fryers at morwong.ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Sun Apr 16 22:54:44 WST 2000

Bing

> A while ago Duncan Sargeant tapped:

> Simon Fryer wrote on Sat April 15, at 04:14 +0800:
> > Umm, did you use GCC or CC.  CC is far better on morwong.  I started
> > on findutils last night but, after bashing the configure script to
> > ignore gcc
>
> how much bashing did you do?

Not very much. Looked for occurences of gcc and then deleted the g as I
thought nessesary.

> CC=cc ./configure should work.

I was hoping that someone would email back with the easy way to do it. I knew
there must be an easy way but I just needed to learn.

See Ya
Simon

"Well, an engineer is not concerned with the truth; that is left to
philosophers and theologians: the prime concern of an engineer is
the utility of the final product."
Lectures on the Electrical Properties of Materials, L.Solymar, D.Walsh