[tech] Starfish

Simon Fryer fryers at morwong.ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Tue Apr 18 13:30:40 WST 2000

Bing

> A while ago Grahame Bowland tapped:

> Starfish is the only box I haven't turned back on. I was worried about
> the power going with the electricians around, so I've left it off.
>
> If anyone needs it before Simon takes it I suppose they should talk to
> him.

Thanks. I was a bit worried taht you where going to turn it on. It would
not have mounted home or services. AFAIK everything done by starfish apart
from a but of tftp is done by morwong. The router should be tftp booting stuff
if the UCC grand network plan is to be followed (from what I  understand of it).

I have been meaning to get to UCC since friday to turn starfish off but havn't
quite made it there yet...

See Ya
Simon

"Well, an engineer is not concerned with the truth; that is left to
philosophers and theologians: the prime concern of an engineer is
the utility of the final product."
Lectures on the Electrical Properties of Materials, L.Solymar, D.Walsh