[tech] mermaid bounced

Duncan Sargeant dunc at rcpt.to
Fri Apr 28 15:28:47 WST 2000

Grahame Bowland wrote on Fri April 28, at 15:24 +0800:
> On Fri, Apr 28, 2000 at 03:10:28PM +0800, David Manchester wrote:
> >
> > Why is mermaid being grotty of late... this is a new thing... but happened
> > more than once.. ?
>
> I don't know - I think Debian is getting broken lately (I've had trouble
> with some package scripts being _braindead_) and if people are upgrading
> packages on mermaid that might explain it.
>
> Personally I haven't upgraded it at all.

Most likely explanation would be that someone upgraded to glibc 2.1.
Last time I did that, the debian script was broken and killed all the
server processes.  It said it was going to restart them but never did.
I managed to have the foresight to restart them myself whilst my ssh
connection was still alive and there were no problems.  ho hum.

,dunc
--
Duncan Sargeant
"First, never insult the giant purple iguanas in the corner, they are assholes