[tech] Prog Comp

Grahame Bowland gbowland at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Tue Aug 29 23:02:03 WST 2000

On Tue, Aug 29, 2000 at 10:58:19PM +0800, Jean-Paul Blaquiere wrote:
> > On Aug 29, Grahame Bowland scratched in indelible ink :
>
> >  o make a Decserver 300 work and set up many dumb terminals - we can run
> >    a big Cat5 cable from the clubroom and run them off manta or morwong.
> >
> sure we can't AUI it ?  ;)

We had it booting an image from manta the other day, using BNC :)

> >  o set up a hub
> >  o get the SPARC systems ready to be moved up, ditto mussel
> >
> oh. or get a hub set up upstairs? and connect everything into that.  good
> idea.  hmmm reread that statement.  'ready to be moved up' where?  the loft?
> do we have it booked?

Yes. It's been booked for about 2 months now. I also have a late night pass :)

> >  o set up the coke machine with a hundred bucks of drinks
> >
> > Apart from that I and Ben have to get the questions organised. We should get
> > that done one evening this week, either tommorow or Thursday night.
> >
> good-o.  If I ca nn grab some flyers from somewhere, I can do mech engins
> tomorrow too.

Great! They're the fluoro-looking ones, on top of some clutter near the filing
cabinet. If we run out I'll just make some more up.

Cheers,
Grahame

--
Grahame Bowland - http://gbowland.ucc.asn.au/