[tech] NIS hiccup

Grahame Bowland gbowland at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Sun Feb 6 14:02:33 WST 2000

> On Feb 06, Nick Bannon scrawled :

> mermaid was complaining of YP errors after entering a username in a
> telnet login (other logins didn't work either).
>
> I telnet-ed to starfish, ssh-ed to mooneye and "/etc/init.d/nis restart"-ed.

Something happened to mooneye, Apache and sendmail had died. They're back up
and running, but I'll try and find out how/why it happened.

Mussel should have taken over when mooneye's YP stuff went down. Anyway, we
should move to something doing better NIS soon.

--
Grahame Bowland - UCC sysadmin, Ordinary Committee Member

 Email: gbowland(a)ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
   Web: http://www.gbowland.com/
Mobile: 0419 205 123