[tech] NIS hiccup

Duncan Sargeant dunc at rcpt.to
Sun Feb 13 12:16:35 WST 2000

Nick Bannon wrote on Sun February 13, at 10:32 +0800:
> On Sun, Feb 06, 2000 at 11:56:19AM +0800, Nick Bannon wrote:
> > mermaid was complaining of YP errors after entering a username in a
> > telnet login (other logins didn't work either).
> >
> > I telnet-ed to starfish, ssh-ed to mooneye and "/etc/init.d/nis
> > restart"-ed.
> [...]
>
> Bouncy bouncy, again.

This is fscking ridiculous, so I've thefted /usr/local/sbin/restart.pl
from UCS, configurated it for UCC and crontabbed it to run every 20
minutes.

As unusual as it is for me to do something sensible for UCC, I've been
consulting for the last 90 minutes and I feel dirty.

,dunc
--
Duncan Sargeant
"First, never insult the giant purple iguanas in the corner, they are assholes