[tech] Re: [wheel] Shitty linux boxes give me the irrits

Simon Fryer fryers at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Fri Feb 18 12:43:49 WST 2000

Bing

> A while ago Ben Rampling tapped:

> > > So what, Linux is just crap, or something?
> >
> > Yeah, guess it must be.
>
> I'm glad you agree, and you're not blaming something like hardware or power
> now. ;)
>
> Shall we find an alternative and start moving to it?

Yes....

Also, PC archetecture is also crap, it is good to see we are moving away from
that as well. Now, to find some time to do some more work on the alpha
server.

See Ya
Simon

"Well, an engineer is not concerned with the truth; that is left to
philosophers and theologians: the prime concern of an engineer is
the utility of the final product."
Lectures on the Electrical Properties of Materials, L.Solymar, D.Walsh