[tech] Re: [wheel] Shitty linux boxes give me the irrits

Nick Bannon nick at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Fri Feb 18 12:53:23 WST 2000

On Fri, Feb 18, 2000 at 12:40:19PM +0800, David Manchester wrote:
> Nick Bannon wrote:
> > Who's coming to pizza tonight? Good opportunity to get started on morwong
> > install/mermaid reinstall/kraken NIS/etc.
>
> I'm in.

Good stuff.

> > mermaid/mussel hardware seems pretty good now.
>
> Mostly.
>
> > mermaid needs a reinstall on the disc you mentioned.
>
> Indeed - if it can be located.

Hope so. Where was it put and what brand was it? Can we assume it's
hiding out in the machine room somewhere?

> > > Mermaid's / filesystem filled and crapped out my mailbox.
> > > Can't read it on mussel because its corrupted.
> > The joy of mbox is that it's fixable. ::-)
>
> OK - any idea where the 350 messages it lopped off at the start got to?

Ah, that's a bugger. If you're quick you can search mola's raw disk.

[...]
> Erm, shall we apply the freeware CD before we start compiling furiously?
> BTW - does ti feel "snappy-ish" for compiles?

Delightfully snappy. If the freeware CD saves any time, go for it,
but I'm not sure it will at this rate. <grin>

OpenSSL/OpenSSH are the sort of things you should be able to compile
from source, anyway...

Nick.

--
  Nick Bannon  | "I made this letter longer than usual because
nick at it.net.au | I lack the time to make it shorter." - Pascal