[tech] Re: [wheel] Shitty linux boxes give me the irrits

Leighton Haynes dayta at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Fri Feb 18 13:04:17 WST 2000

On Fri, Feb 18, 2000 at 12:57:35PM +0800, Ben Rampling wrote:

> > > Shall we find an alternative and start moving to it?
> > >
> > Thats why we bought the alpha.
>
> Then why is the club so trigger happy with RedHat CD's? As an example, I've
> spent a fair bit of time getting the router working reliably after no one
> else could, or could be bothered. Then the moment we buy a new card for it,
> we've got the RedHat club discussing which Linux driver to use...

You've got to understand, we don't love linux or anything...... we just
hate BSD :)

How about for variety, we get 4 boxes, install them with Debian, Redhat,
Suse, and Caldera Openlinux. Then we can have experience with all different
sorts of unix!!

On a more serious note, the club in general really does tend to be a bit
trigger happy with destroying other peoples work. Not that I have a solution
you understand.

Leighton...

--

4th Year BE(IT) Hons. student.