[tech] they're coming ...

Nick Bannon nick at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Mon Feb 21 10:35:05 WST 2000

On Mon, Feb 21, 2000 at 10:01:05AM +0800, Ian McKellar wrote:
[HP 9000/715]
> Hey!
>
> When we installed it we called it poobrown! why the change?

<grin> There's still time - when the enticingly named file
"/etc/hostconfig" was edited, the machine stopped allowing root to log
in and it had to be reverted. It won't work as is because its network
settings are completely wrong. If we restore it to blank settings from ;
/usr/template/client/etc

then the SimpleNetworkStarter should be happy to change things again.

Instructions are in /services/ftp/FAQs/nextanswers_1470.{html,text} .

> > Meanwhile ;
> >
> >  * malki's fallen ill (flaky motherboard, should be cheap to replace)
>
> Complain at CS?
[...]

Could do. I think they sold all their boxes, but maybe we could get some
sort of consideration.

Nick.

--
  Nick Bannon  | "I made this letter longer than usual because
nick at it.net.au | I lack the time to make it shorter." - Pascal