[tech] Can't FTP

Ian McKellar ian at harvestroad.com.au
Thu Feb 24 11:08:05 WST 2000

On Thu, Feb 24, 2000 at 11:01:09AM +0800, Thalles Radhames Breyer de Melo wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am not on the 'list' (whatever that means) so if you could please
> subscribe me that would be very much appreciated.
>
> My problem is this:
>
> I have some e-mails with attachments in my mermaid account.  Since I
> cannot view them with telnet I have to FTP them out.  So I save them to
> the home directory and try to connect to mermaid with a program like
> Fetch, but there is just no connection.  I need this information urgently,
> but can't view it until I get those files into my computer.  Last year I
> had no problems doing this, so I assume it must be because of some changes
> you guys performed on the system.
>
> Anyway, help would be appreciated ASAP (can't proceed with some of my
> experiments until I get this data).

The easiest way is probably to put them up on a web page for download.

Make a public_html directory in your home directory, and put them in
there.

Often the file permissions on saved attachments are quite facist, so you
might need to do a "chmod a+r" on the files.

Ian

--
Ian McKellar <imckellar at harvestroad.com>, Software Engineer
HarvestRoad Limited, Phone: 08 9384 4300, Fax: 08 9384 4377