[tech] Re: [wheel] Mooneye/moray

Nick Bannon nick at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Tue Jan 4 12:21:02 WST 2000

[TDH] asked on wheel what was happening to moray's old hardware and
name.

Moray's hard disc deserves to be thrown away. It's otherwise an adequate
VLB 486DX4-100. 16MB RAM, 16MB cached IDE controller. I think it's got
VLB graphics.

There's a dump of its filesystem on mussel:/mnt/mako (where there
happened to be some free space).

mooneye can and should keep its name. Anything that refers to moray when
it means "mailhost" or "socks" or "coke" is broken. moray was renamed
to morayold, temporarily, so we can find broken things quickly. Hasn't
been much - mussel and starfish were trying to use moray rather than
mailhost as a sendmail smarthost.

mooneye took moray's IP address so there's no need for resolv.conf
fiddling or DNS redelegations.

Nick.

--
  Nick Bannon  | "I made this letter longer than usual because
nick at it.net.au | I lack the time to make it shorter." - Pascal