[tech] /home

Nick Bannon nick at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Fri Jan 28 17:16:01 WST 2000

On Fri, Jan 28, 2000 at 04:58:06PM +0800, Grand Poobah Maset wrote:
> Bah, doesn't someone have a script to find the offenders?

I try to leave some files around each time, like
/home/{wheel,ucc.other}/du-sk.20000112 . They'll let you see who's taking
up lots of room and (importantly) what large changes there have been.

There's /home/wheel/bin/nukecaches and /home/wheel/bin/nukecores . Always
read scripts like that before running it, then ignore them and do exactly
what you need to do, slowly, manually and _carefully_. ::-) They don't
tend to help much these days, but if you find something else you want
to search for, you can modify them.

Large unpacked source directories can be a problem - poke the owners and
see if they really do need that year old version of XYZ, or whether they
can make clean/tar-gzip/diff/delete it.

Nick.

--
  Nick Bannon  | "I made this letter longer than usual because
nick at it.net.au | I lack the time to make it shorter." - Pascal