[tech] Re: [ucc] LinuxPPC

Grahame Bowland gbowland at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Fri Mar 3 16:40:39 WST 2000

On Fri, Mar 03, 2000 at 04:32:23PM +0800, Ian McKellar wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 03, 2000 at 04:27:55PM +0800, Barnaby Brown wrote:
> I've had no problems with CSS. I think its a very elegant solution to the
> problem of the separation of content and presentation.

Things like the UWA pages which use CSS *lots* render okay both without
and with CSS, basically anywhere I look at them. The problem is that
Netscape has a very buggy implementation of CSS. Internet Explorer is about
the only one to implement CSS1 and most (or at least bits of) CSS2.

At least Mozilla will be here soon :-)

> > Barnes, remeniscing about when the worst thing about the web was
> > Netscape 1.1 and <BLINK>.
> >
> Turning <BLINK> off in Netscape has always been a configuration option.

And then real browsers like IE never implemented it ;-)

--
Grahame Bowland                     OCM of UCC and UniSFA, UCC syadmin

Email: gbowland(a)gbowland.com           Web: http://www.gbowland.com/