[tech] mussel

Grahame Bowland gbowland at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Fri Mar 10 16:39:58 WST 2000

On Fri, Mar 10, 2000 at 02:59:06PM +0800, Leighton Haynes wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 10, 2000 at 02:45:44PM +0800, Jean-Paul Blaquiere wrote:
> > > On Mar 10, Anil Sharma <Grand Poobah Maset> scrawled :
> >
> > > well graham seems to have made a deb package from 2.2.14 with a ucc name,
> > > and I made one with a mussel name. Sorry, I had to go to a lab meeting
> > > just as the kernel was compiling.
> > >
> > well, that's why mussel's got two CPUs.  *grin*
>
> Hmm... does realtime linux have cpu affinity? We can run one OS on each ;)
> That'd be cool :)

-grin- Anyway, we're using the 2.2.14 kernel I compiled with the assistance of
Nick. It's very similar to the 2.2.9 kernel we were using before, with some
interesting features I want to poke compiled in.

Anyone know if the fork problems were a kernel bug? Did it run out process
ids somehow?

--
Grahame Bowland                     OCM of UCC and UniSFA, UCC syadmin

Email: gbowland(a)gbowland.com           Web: http://www.gbowland.com/