[tech] Anyone know..

Grahame Bowland gbowland at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Mon Mar 13 12:11:13 WST 2000

On Mon, Mar 13, 2000 at 10:05:17AM +0800, Ian McKellar wrote:

> > >     GB> gnome-session is definitely broken. gnome-panel claims to be
> > >     GB> running sawmill, but no wm is running. I tried removing
> > >     GB> sawmill and it is still broken - it just claims to be running
> > >     GB> another wm (fvwm2).
> > >
> > >   I hate to ask but... are you sure sawmill isn't running? It
> > > definitely doesn't appear in the process list?
> >
> > It's certainly not running. A number of gnome-session, gnome-panel, and gnome-wm
> > processes are running, though. I've created a new session, 'Safe', which just runs
> > xterm. That should work for now :-)
> >
> > I even tried purging gnome-session (with --force-deps) and reinstalling it. No help
> > though.
>
> Look in your .gnome directory.

The point is that I'd removed all my .gnome* directories. This is with the
defaults, which the Fresher's are getting. Incidentally, it works if they
choose another wm and then flip back to sawmill.

--
Grahame Bowland                     OCM of UCC and UniSFA, UCC syadmin

Email: gbowland(a)gbowland.com           Web: http://www.gbowland.com/