[tech] on freshmeat today ....

David Luyer david_luyer at pacific.net.au
Fri Mar 24 10:40:33 WST 2000

> > I think that moray was running a mopd at one stage. I have no idea if it
> > was transfered to mooneye. Another side effect of the linux/BSD/IP
> > world is that the router may not route the decnet protocols happily. This
> > is going to be a complete bugger for mop booting decservers on different
> > segments.
> >
> Yeah, we need a real router, UCS throwing out any of AGS+ yet?

UCS just bridged DECnet protocols rather than routing them.  A Linux router
should do that perfectly fine.  Plus it can route them if you want, but that's
a waste.

David.
David Luyer
Senior Network Engineer
Pacific Internet (Aust) Pty Ltd
Phone:  +61 3 9674 7525
Fax:    +61 3 9699 8693
Mobile: +61 4 1064 2258, +61 4 1114 2258
http://www.pacific.net.au        NASDAQ: PCNTF
<< fast 'n easy >>