[tech] passwd and yppasswd

Jean-Paul Blaquiere japester at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Tue May 9 08:06:09 WST 2000

> On May 08, Nick Bannon scratched in indelible ink :

> On which machine?

on mermaid and mussel over the last week (until I spoke with grahame and he
enlightened me about yppasswd) passwd complained about my previous password
being wrong.

> On a NIS aware machine, "passwd" probably does the right thing, hence
> people don't have to learn about "yppasswd" explicitly.

that would be a nice expected way for things to work :)

/Jp.
--
Jean-Paul Blaquiere		||   Student of Computational
   japester at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au 	||   Thaumaturgy