[tech] Free space on Nautilus

Anil Sharma <Grand Poobah Maset> maset at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Sat May 13 14:36:03 WST 2000

> *ahem* Who took it upon themselves to plug Packrat's CDROM into Nautilus?
>
> People like Mikolaj, Waz and I leave stuff in the machine room that is useful
> to UCC, but not for general consumption.
> If you don't know where's its from, for $DEITY's sake, ASK before you put
> it out into the clubroom to be stolen.

I did. There was no sign saying DO NOT USE. I have put it to good use (we
can now do SCSI-SCSI CD copying off Nautilus). If you don't want things
being used then don't put them in UCC, or make it clear that they are not
for general use. Oh and as for things being stolen, if you are worried
about that then perhaps you should have mentioned it at the door group
meeting or to the door group list.

Maset the Grandiose.
3rd year BSc.(Neuroscience) student, UWA.
Comparative neuroscience research assistant, UWA.
UCC Sysadmin.

Without suffering,
how can one appreciate happiness?
And how would we mark the depths of our sorrow,
without the light of hope?