[tech] Some bits'n'pieces

David Manchester mustang at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Wed May 17 11:38:18 WST 2000

> On Wed, May 17, 2000 at 09:34:52AM +0800, Leighton Haynes wrote:
> > A guy at work (Justin Couch) just upgraded his home machine, so has
> > some spare components he's willing to give away for token amounts.
> > Does ucc want any of it?
> >   P90 Chip (With genuine fdiv bug)
> >   M/Board for above
> >   Scsi card (forget the designation, pci)
> >   Matrox Impression+ (No X support outside of metro-x as far as I know)
> > Part-time student. Full-time Programmer.
>
> Depending on the cost, the P90 + motherboard might be good to put
> in a rack mount case. We could run some BSD on it as a user box.
> (or something else :-)

Spoke to Leighton about it - I think we should bung it into one of
the rackmount cases and build the router into it.
If we want to use some of those PCI ethernet cards in the router, we're
gonna need some more horsepower.

Cheers
/dave

--
           David Manchester, Workstation herder and USEnet voyeur.
 "The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a