[tech] Power

Mikolaj J. Habryn dichro-mail-56d4bfa at rcpt.to
Sat May 20 16:20:18 WST 2000

    NB> I've made those three use an interruptible NFS mount in the
    NB> hope that pressing ^C will allow logins if /home is down
    NB> again. I noticed that mooneye appears to mount /home and
    NB> /services "nolock" - is that appropriate?

  Of course it is! Just imagine what would happen if locking was
allowed. Some operations might not complete, just because some
misbehaved program was selfishly monopolizing a limited resource. I'm
sure that mail delivery on mooneye, to pick an arbitrary example, has
been much more rapid since this option was added.

m.