[tech] ftp'ing to ucc

Jean-Paul Blaquiere japester at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Fri May 26 10:47:26 WST 2000

> On May 26, Anil Sharma <Grand Poobah Maset> scratched in indelible ink :

> I did not read the entirety(sp?) of your post because I didn't want to?

Implying that you think that whatever Alastir write will be non informative, a
waste of space and your time?  Time to put personal predjudices aside Anil.
Alistair does useful stuff for the club too.  Remember this before you
_attempt_ to cut him down.

> to. However this routing thing may be because mussel/mermaid have now been
> set up to allow free access to waix sites, which is very nice (thank you

IMO, I can't see that the routing would affect 'login denied' responses from
mermaid/mussel, it might, but I've never played with routing enough to be able
to state with any level of reliability. im my experience with connections that
require passive ftp, you can login okay, but can't do stuff like use ls, or
receive files.

> Grahame). If you have a fix that makes everything work (including WAIX and
> access to cygnus)  please post it to this mailing list. Otherwise stop
> your bitching.

bitching, who's bitching?  the only person I see bitching is you.
besdies, if you wnat to allow Alastir the joy of being able to play and *learn*
to be able to fix stuff, give him root.  until then, stop your dribbling.

/Jp, hoping today improves somwehat
--
Jean-Paul Blaquiere		||   Student of Computational
   japester at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au 	||   Thaumaturgy