[tech] [[email protected]: VR displays for VAXstation 4000s]

Ian McKellar yakk at yakk.net.au
Tue May 30 15:13:19 WST 2000

----- Forwarded message from "Dreisiger, Peter" <Peter.Dreisiger at dsto.defence.gov.au> -----

From: "Dreisiger, Peter" <Peter.Dreisiger at dsto.defence.gov.au>
To: "'webmasters at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au'" <webmasters at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au>
Subject:  VR displays for VAXstation 4000s
Date: Tue, 30 May 2000 16:26:27 +0930

Howdy,

Sorry for sending this to the webmasters address, but I couldn't find any
suitable hardware contact on your club's web pages. I'm writing to find out
if the UCC has any DEC VR-series displays that it is willing to part with...
While I was at UWA, I'd noticed that the UCC did have some older vaxes, and
quite a few terminals and monitors... I have recently acquired a headless
VAXstation 4000 VLC, and would be rather keen to pick up a colour or mono VR
monitor so I can get a decent DECWindows/VMS box up and running...

I would be more than happy to pay for such a beast, or if the club is
interested swap it for three NCD XNCD19r xterms I have, or for some SUN
SLCs... Alternatively, if the club doesn't have any such monitor, do you
know of a person/company from which I might be able to obtain one (or for
that matter a complete VAX 4000 or VAXstation 4000 system)?

Thanks, and I eagerly await your reply,

Peter

====
Peter Dreisiger
Maritime Operations Division
Defence Science & Technology Organisation
Building A51, HMAS Stirling
Rockingham, WA 6958
ph:  +61 (08) 9553 3617
fax: +61 (08) 9553 3577

----- End forwarded message -----

--
Ian  McKellar |    Email: yakk(a)yakk.net |    Web: http://www.yakk.net/
Area: +61 (8) | Home: 9389 9152 | Fax/Voice: 9260 2903 | Work: 9384 4700