[tech] Mussel

Nick Bannon nick at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Mon Nov 27 14:51:01 WST 2000

On Mon, Nov 27, 2000 at 02:31:48PM +0800, Anil Sharma <Grand Poobah Maset> wrote:
> The X stuff seems to be broken... well broken in the way that I can't add
> KDE because of dependency issues.  Did anyone make a snapshot the linux
> partition - or am I going to have to reinstall everything?

If you want to reinstall for the experience, by all means go for it.
The snapshotting idea was to burn CDs - smaller partitions may be
sensible to make that easier. Obviously no-one has thought anything on
mussel worth snapshotting yet.

All the same, getting KDE on should be fairly straightforward - just
use Debian woody, and work through the dependencies. What errors are
you running into? Are you running XFree86 v3 or v4?

Nick.

--
  Nick Bannon  | "I made this letter longer than usual because
nick at it.net.au | I lack the time to make it shorter." - Pascal