[tech] Apache (was Re: [ucc] CGI and PHP4)

Grahame Bowland gbowland at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Sun Oct 1 20:16:14 WST 2000

On Sun, Oct 01, 2000 at 07:46:22PM +0800, Nick Bannon wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 01, 2000 at 02:38:48PM +0800, Grahame Bowland wrote:
> > Due to popular demand, CGI now works again at UCC. Or, more accurately Adam
> > bugged me about it for a while. We also have PHP4 set up - I don't know
> > PHP, so I haven't tested this. However, after breaking our apache config
> > the Debian package may or may not have added a LoadModule line :)
>
> Erm - I guess this means webserving is back to mermaid now that it
> seems a little more stable? (actually, ProxyPass tunneled via apache
> from mooneye to mermaid)
>
> mermaid had a typo in its httpd.conf, it was looking for
> /services/www instead of /services/http. Fixed.

Ah. I blame the Debian apache-config script. I made the mistake of telling
it to fix the conf files for PHP. Big mistake, it made it so that Apache
couldn't even run by nuking DocumentRoot. It was me that set that incorrectly
afterwards.

Yeah, webserving is back on mermaid. CGI runs as that user/group.

Cheers,
Grahame