[tech] Manta

David Manchester mustang at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Tue Oct 3 12:07:41 WST 2000

> I turned back on manta, james plugged the ethernet back into it, and I
> plugged it into the BNC repeater with the cable he scrounged. A good all
> round team effort :). Um... the decserver finds Manta and tries to load
> off it... but times out. I copied the m300_v7_0.sys file to a file named
> after the decservers ethernet address, but that didn't work.

Uhhhhhhh.......
Not to steal your thunder Anil, but what were you trying to do?

1) The Ethernet card in Manta is dicky.
2) The other ethernet cards on top of manta, according to Nick, are dicky.
3) m300_v7_0.sys is a console firmware update for a 3000/300<n> series
Alpha :)

So, all in all, not too useful.
We need Manta's ethernet happy for starters.

Cheers
/dave

--
/ David Manchester <mustang @ ucc.asn.au> (UCC Wheel and Committee person) \
|       If Life hands you lemons today, smile and give thanks.             |