[tech] Re: Door Works

David Manchester mustang at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Mon Oct 23 16:51:01 WST 2000

> On Mon, 23 Oct 2000, David Manchester wrote:
>
> > > Door is currently working thanks to the efforts of Mark. It involes an
> > > Eric. Do not touch it or you will lose bodily extremities.
> >
> > Which means that we need an appropriate cable made to rescue the Eric.
> > What would an appropriate cable look like?
>
> Apparently the Eric was needed to place a load on the serial port. Cue
> Mark ranting about poor quality PC serial ports.

Oh for the love of Glub, what the hell is going on?

Mark, this sounds extremely painful - what is the blackbox expecting
& what's the PC making? I take it the Eric's providing somewhat of a
voltage drop?

Cheers
/dave
--
/ David Manchester <mustang @ ucc.asn.au> (UCC Wheel and Committee person) \
|       If Life hands you lemons today, smile and give thanks.             |