tftp . was Re: [tech] Upgrading our PCs..

Jean-Paul Blaquiere japester at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Wed Oct 25 12:05:01 WST 2000

> On Oct 25, Grahame Bowland scratched in indelible ink :

> Oh, can anyone tell me how you get the boot image filename? It's some magic
> number like 825F658D.SUN4C - is that just the ethernet address expressed in hex
> digits?

yes it is.  you can use magic calculators to convert between hex and decimal,
or cheat, like I do and read the tftpd logs :)
they say things like:

/var/log/daemon.log on linux
Aug 24 22:48:22 beowulf in.tftpd[328]: connect from bilbo.tld
Aug 24 22:48:22 beowulf tftpd[329]: tftpd: trying to get file: 0A000018.SUN4C
Aug 24 22:48:22 beowulf tftpd[329]: tftpd: serving file from /tftpboot

/Jp...
--
Jean-Paul Blaquière             ||   Avatar of Computational
   japester at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au   ||   Thaumaturgy