[tech] Upgrading our PCs..

David Manchester mustang at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Wed Oct 25 13:15:03 WST 2000

> David Manchester wrote on Wed October 25, at 11:55 +0800:
>
> Ah, neato.  And if you install Solaris on it, wheel won't break it :-)
> Got enough RAM and disk?

I think we'll have RAM to burn, if we can get the 32MB cards back
off Fryers :)
Diskwise, I think we can scrounge up enough.

> > > Netscape, Dave.
> >
> > Which is significantly more stable on DU than Linux, last time I checked.
> > Why is netscape a consideration, Dunc ?
>
> Sorry, I blindly assumed that morwong was too slow (hence we need a
> new dev box).  I guess the reason we need this new development box is
> because DU headers are broken? :-)

Yeah, mostly because DU headers are broken  - lets face it, the world
as we know it codes on Linux & then ports (read adjusts to eccentricities)
their stuff at other *NIXes if/when required.

Cheers
/dave

--
/ David Manchester <mustang @ ucc.asn.au> (UCC Wheel and Committee person) \
|       If Life hands you lemons today, smile and give thanks.             |