[tech] CS computers

Nick Bannon nick at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Thu Oct 26 20:16:37 WST 2000

On Thu, Oct 26, 2000 at 07:54:41PM +0800, Grahame Bowland wrote:
[...]
> Is there some way we can approve this before the committee meeting? If I were
> E&EE looking at them I'd think "wow, we can replace the entire crap student
> NT lab with stuff twice as fast for little money".

Yes. Five committee members' written agreement to purchase them,
including two exec.s. Table it at the next meeting.

Email is written. (and untrustworthy and forgeable, just as dead tree
letters are untrustworthy and forgeable)

FWIW, I think it's a good idea, but remember that modern machines
may cost more, but are several times faster and come with warranties.
Do the numbers, decide whether it's worth it. Could be.

Nick.

--
  Nick Bannon  | "I made this letter longer than usual because
nick at it.net.au | I lack the time to make it shorter." - Pascal