[tech] (fwd) fs:(Melb) Penitum 200MMX (Socket 7)

David Manchester mustang at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Mon Oct 30 12:11:46 WST 2000

> > Yeah, that too. Beware that these will probably have PC66 DIMMs
> > so we want to keep the RAM together... rather than swap it into
> > mussel/new motherboards.
>
> It's PC100 from the information I've been given.

Cute. I am inclined not to believe that.

> We're getting those Celeron motherboards, aren't we? So we need to get the RAM
> organised and a couple of P3s. I thought we were going with the computerman
> P3/600s because they were cheaper? As for disks for the Celeron boxes we can
> either buy a couple of 10Gb IDE drives or find some SCSI cards and feed them
> the hard disks from the Suns. I'm close to having them on a diskless setup, as
> soon as I figure out the NetBSD bootp stuff.
>
> Old slow seagate drives in the Celeron's doesn't really make sense though :)

Very true. 10GB IDEs are a much nicer idea.

Do we want to contact Computerman as representatives of the club,
and ask him for specific chips with the option to return them if mussel
hates them.??

Cheers
/dave
--
/ David Manchester <mustang @ ucc.asn.au> (UCC Wheel and Committee person) \
|       If Life hands you lemons today, smile and give thanks.             |