[committee] Re: [tech] (fwd) fs:(Melb) Penitum 200MMX (Socket 7)

Anil Sharma <Grand Poobah Maset> maset at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Mon Oct 30 12:47:03 WST 2000

Can we get some sort of consolidation on what we are doing before the
meeting, so all we need to do is approve expenditure?

- Getting BX boards for $80 each? This was approved last week.
- Therefore we need P3s (Which Grahame is getting quotes for) for Mussel.
- We need RAM for the new Celeries and Mussel (Which Ian has got quotes
  for). 128mb for each celery? another 128mb for mussel?
- We need cases, keyboards, mice and Monitors for the Celeries
	- we have mice
	- do we wish to canabalise the CS computers for the monitor and
	keyboards?
- We need HDs. 10gig IDE which IMO should be sourced from wherever we get
  the P3s from to make things a little easier.
- Pinch the TNT2 from Mussel for 1 of the Celeries, buy another one for
  the other?

Anything else to add to this list before a price can be
established?  Anyone able to get quotes before tommorows meeting for
things?
Do we want to discuss usage of the Celeries before or after the meeting?

Maset the Grandiose.
Without suffering,
how can one appreciate happiness?
And how would we mark the depths of our sorrow,
without the light of hope?