[tech] Switches

Grahame Bowland gbowland at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Wed Sep 13 15:30:05 WST 2000

Last night at the committee meeting we talked about equipping ourselves with
10/100Mb switches so that we have an entirely 100Mb internal network. Having
the clubroom on a switch rather than a hub would also improve speed even if
most things only do 10Mb - especially with all that X traffic.

Does anybody know a good source for dumb but useful 10/100 switches? Something
like the D-Link switch we already have. The idea is to buy four or five
switches (eight ports each) and chain them together.

Cheers,
Grahame

--
Grahame Bowland - http://gbowland.ucc.asn.au/