[tech] Down! With the machine room ;)

Ian McKellar yakk at yakk.net.au
Thu Sep 14 02:01:32 WST 2000

On Wed, Sep 13, 2000 at 05:32:10PM +0800, Leighton Haynes wrote:

> A couple of lockable racks
> would be a lot more useful really, (and perhaps another lockable cupboard,
> to store things in).

Would it be possible to retro-fit locks on to racks like the half height DEC
one I thefted from the UCC. Dave thinks so, so do I. Dave also aquired a
similar rack on the weekend. If we have two half height DEC racks, each with
a DECServer 300 as a console server (they do passwords) and a dumbterm on top
we could fit all the club's boxes apart from Morwong trivially. Morwong is
in theory lockably, and we managed that we could put it beside them.

What do people think of this idea?

We would need to do a bit of metalworking, but thats not too hard...

Ian