Routers, switches, machine room and lockable racks (was Re: [tech] Switchesu)

Nick Bannon nick at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Wed Sep 13 19:20:47 WST 2000

On Wed, Sep 13, 2000 at 06:49:28PM +0800, Jean-Paul Blaquiere wrote:
[...]
> one ATX case, blue, 3 5.25 bays, with a removable motherboard tray

Desktop case is a must for this, I'm afraid - JP's thinking of a
tower... JP and I think we might be able to munge one of the AT
rackmount cases into something suitable for a Socket370 ATX
system.

> two 64 MB PC100 DIMMS

Useful for another box - I'm inclined to be stingy on the router and
give it 32MB or just maybe 64MB and beat people who try to make it do
more than it should.

> and a pci video card, if we can't squeeze one into an isa slot ;)
> of which I also have a working one.

That could be handy - a new MB may not have an ISA slot. ::-)

Nick.

--
  Nick Bannon  | "I made this letter longer than usual because
nick at it.net.au | I lack the time to make it shorter." - Pascal