Grand Plans (was Re: [tech] morwong)

David Manchester mustang at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Tue Sep 19 15:47:43 WST 2000

> On Tue, Sep 19, 2000 at 12:44:08PM +0800, Grahame Bowland wrote:
> > On Tue, Sep 19, 2000 at 12:10:39PM +0800, David Manchester wrote:
> [...]
> > > The UCC's getting to be a really frustrating environment to work with...
> > >
> > > Tear down the machine room / don't tear down the machine room.
> > > Don't fix the monitors/air-con, buy a new one, without even getting quotes
> > > for repair.
> > > Throw away the nice Alphaserver and get a happy fun PC for all the
> > > important things.
>
> It's not so bad. The first one was debated a bit, nobody's seriously
> suggested the second two.

Erm, the Mac monitors are still FITH and the air-con's fscked.
As for the last one there... what sort of machine were you suggesting
for the NFS and such box, Nick? You said, Fast Ethernet and all that...
are we going to blow $4k on an Ultra10 or something?

> > I totally agree with you. I wish we'd come up with a 'plan' and stick to it :)
>
> You're right. When?

At a wheel meeting?

Cheers
/dave

--
/ David Manchester <mustang @ ucc.asn.au> (UCC Wheel and Committee person) \
|       If Life hands you lemons today, smile and give thanks.             |