[tech] hydra (uccrouter 2)

Duncan Sargeant dunc at rcpt.to
Thu Sep 21 11:47:43 WST 2000

Ian McKellar wrote on Thu September 21, at 03:05 +0800:
> I've been building the new uccrouter. Its a P90 with 4 PCI slots, so it
> should be good enough for us for at least a few months :-)
>
> Comments? Criticisms?

Sounds neato-esque.  Two /28's instead of 4 /30's will simplify things
a lot (I can't ever remember the 4 networks we currently have, and
we don't have any network diagrams that I know of).

Speaking of routers, we (UCS) relegated another AGS+ into our spare
parts catalogue yesterday.  There are but two left - reynaldo, who
already lives with his replacement; and hacienda.  We got so bored
waiting for departments to upgrade to 100Meg (and hence onto the
switchces which replace the AGS+'s), that an authorization appeared to
purchase enough 10M media converters to move everyone at nedlands campus
across to improve network stability.

Its a bit like the Itchy & Scratchy Land baby room, except its filled
with transceivers instead of balls.

"The cable rats look unhappy."
"Add more transceivers."
<pulls lever, fibre xceivers pour from roof>

,dunc