[tech] Re: [ucc] /home

Nick Bannon nick at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Fri Feb 23 23:09:03 WST 2001

On Fri, Feb 23, 2001 at 03:22:18PM +0800, James Devenish wrote:
[...]
> they're not quite, in my consideration). Anyway, /home usage does go up
> and down (obviously) and quantities of 100Mb or more come and go
> quickly. 62Mb is lower than usual, but it's been lower than that
> recently and higher than than recently. Your points still stand, but let
> it be known that free space has been going in the upward direction as
> well as the downward direction, so it's probably the dormant users,
> not the active users, who need the most reminding.[1]
[...]

True enough. Both dormant and active users need reminding. Not only is
62MB way too low (if it was all delivered to UCC, Mark could consume
that in 1.5 emails ::-) ) but 162MB is way too low as well.

Some of the consumed space is the webcam (80MB of MPEGs, 4x30MB of
one-day's-worth-of-images-to-be-compressed), but there's over 8.5GB of
other stuff, too...

Nick.

--
  Nick Bannon  | "I made this letter longer than usual because
nick at it.net.au | I lack the time to make it shorter." - Pascal